Attorney Arnold F. Skretta
CT Compliance and Law Services, LLC
Arnold F. Skretta has over a decade of experience in law, C-level operations management and high-stakes fiscal oversight. Before opening CT Compliance and Law Services, Arnold held prestigious roles at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in Washington, DC, the Connecticut Democratic Party, and has served as general counsel to gubernatorial candidates and numerous statewide campaigns. Many of the matters Arnold works on garner widespread media coverage.
Arnold has provided legal counsel on complex issues across varied areas of law. In many of these areas – laws are not simply over-lapping, but directly conflicting. Arnold is well versed in the realm of rapidly changing regulations, adeptly navigates disclosure filings with both state and federal regulatory bodies, and keeps abreast of legislation that impacts his clients’ ability to operate.
Holding multiple roles of in-house counsel, treasurer, and compliance officer for political committees, Arnold successfully managed multi-million dollar budgets, negotiated and reviewed complex vendor contracts (including technology and data-based agreements), mitigated disputes (both internal and external) and resolved challenging personnel and political issues with diplomacy and efficiency. He responded to governmental inquiries and, working with outside counsel, helped steer challenging litigation.
As the Deputy Chief Operating Officer of the DNC, Arnold balanced a hybrid role that utilized some of his strongest skill-sets – legal and operations management. He served as the primary link to outside counsel and was a key DNC operational augmenter for President Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign. He helped oversee field campaign operations in three states with more than 80 staff members working remotely in 27 different offices, and helped manage the DNC’s human resources matters and the facilities management team.
Arnold provides legal advice to numerous clients including businesses, non-profits, individuals, candidates and political committees – counseling them on a variety of complex legal issues.
Before and while attending law school Arnold worked for a wine distributor in San Francisco, clerked for the U.S. Attorney’s office (NDCA), and interned at prominent DA’s offices in San Francisco and Marin Counties.
Arnold spent his young childhood in the Midwest, his formative years in Branford, Connecticut, lived/worked for extensive periods in San Francisco and Washington, DC, and now lives in Guilford, Connecticut with his wife and twin daughters. He is a self-professed foodie and wine aficionado, and loves hiking and the great outdoors (and all things Italy).
- Licensed to practice law in Connecticut and the District of Columbia.
- J.D. – University of San Francisco School of Law (2008).
- Chair, Wine Law Society
- Technical Editor, Maritime Law Journal
- B.A. – University of Massachusetts, Amherst (2002), Magna Cum Laude.
Volunteer and Community Involvement:
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association,
- Treasurer, Rocking Causes, a non-profit whose mission is to connect musicians with charities across the globe (San Francisco Bay Area, CA).
- Parishioner, St. George Catholic Church (Guilford, CT).
- Elected Member, Board of Assessment Appeals (Town of Guilford, CT).
- Member, Guilford Democratic Town Committee (Guilford, CT).
- Member, Hazard Mitigation Commission (Town of Guilford, CT).
- Former Vice President, West End Civic Association (Hartford, CT).